Monday 8 September 2014

Coastal Cross Country.

 
Congratulations to Theo Cook, Alyssa, Theo Keenan, Robbie, Carter, Cory, Tayla, Jack, Rosie and Connor who participated in the coastal cross country event today. You should be proud of yourselves! It was a a hard course with tough competition.
 
Coastal Cross Country - written by Connor
 
I was so nervous that I was competing in the cross country with everyone else. I set myself a goal which was to come in the top 10 so that I can go to Taranaki champs in Hawera. The starter calls the 9 and under boys over to do some warm ups before the race had begun for our age group. While we were doing our stretches Robbie came whizzing down the finish overtaking two of the girls that had raced before he did. Robbie came first, I was so jealous of him.
 
Finally the man called us up and we went to the starting line. On your marks, get set, GO!!!! I was running as fast as I could to get in front of everyone, then I went into a steady jog. Heaps of people were overtaking me. Suddenly I got the stitch and I stopped because it was so sore. then I was second to last. Then the last person overtook me I felt like crying because I wasn’t in the lead.
 
Then as I approached the big hill I saw Brodie crying. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that he had sprained his foot because an Omata person pushed him into the fence.” I said hopefully you will get better and complete the course. I was running up the steepest hill ever and I went into a walk. Then I reached the top of the hill. I felt so relieved but there was still a kilometre left to run. I ran down the hill.

Then we had to go into a freezing cold river but I really enjoyed being in it because it was so refreshing I ran out of the water. I was still coming last my dream is probably over. Suddenly Brodie who had a sprained foot came whizzing past me that made me feel even sadder because he had a sprained foot and he was beating me. Finally I ran across the finish line I felt really sad because I didn't even come close to the top 10. I guess I have to wait until next year.

No comments: